The Victoria Youth Empowerment Society strives to provide a continuum of care that empowers positive choices in the lives of multiple-barrier youth by providing accessible, innovative and proactive programs.
These programs are delivered free of cost to the youth and families of Greater Victoria. We’re here to support all youth in our community to transition to healthy lives and make positive life choice. We strive to meet the needs of youth by working in partnership with families and the community to deliver a safe and supportive environment for at–risk youth.
As a multi-service agency, we offer:
- A safe place off the streets for at-risk and/or homeless youth
- A flexible drop-in component available beyond regular business hours with counsellors who are available without appointments.
- A welcoming, non-judgmental place for youth with mistrust and anxiety issues to access services.
- Specialized support for youth aging out of government care
- Life skills and job training services
- Detox support in a residential, non-medical setting
- Early intervention through family counselling, mediation and outreach support
- An emergency shelter for youth with no safe place to go
Follow us on Facebook for all the latest info on our programs including information about our upcoming Summer Opportunities Program!
The Victoria Youth Empowerment Society is proud to announce the return of its Summer Opportunities Program (SOP). SOP will run from July 4th-August 25th in our Alliance Club drop-in space Monday-Friday 11:00am-4:30pm. If you have any questions, please call 250-383-3514.
All youth 13-19 are welcome to come join in on the free drop-in summer activities that will be offered with lunch provided! If you’re interested in getting outdoors, health fitness & yoga, eating and making tasty food, arts and crafts, multicultural experiences, attending local festivals, learning new skills at free workshops such as the 5 elements of hip hop, (break dancing, MC’ing, DJ’ing, Graffiti) come check out the program.
Did You Know?
The Youth Empowerment Society is pleased to announce its pilot program “Down to Earth” focused on engaging youth with outdoor oriented activities. Outings will take place bi-weekly and will include hiking, paddle boarding, and fishing.
This Thursday (June 8th) is fishing! We will be meeting at the YES downtown office at 1:00pm and return from the lake by 4:30pm. Lunch and fishing gear is provided. Call for more details, and ask to speak with the outreach team to reserve your spot:250-383-3514
Please check back for more dates!
Thank you to Our Supporters
YES would to thank our following funders for their continued support through the years. Without this support we would not be able to continue to offer these vital programs to the youth and their families in our community.