You(th) Can Cook is taking applications for its fall cycle! Join us as you learn kitchen skills, prep meals and gain your Food Safe Certificate!
Referral forms can be printed off and emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org: Community Kitchen Referral Form
The Youth Empowerment Society is pleased to announce its pilot program “Down to Earth” focused on engaging youth with outdoor oriented activities. Please check back for our Fall 2017 calendar of activities.
The Victoria Youth Empowerment Society strives to provide a continuum of care that empowers positive choices in the lives of multiple-barrier youth by providing accessible, innovative and proactive programs.
These programs are delivered free of cost to the youth and families of Greater Victoria. We’re here to support all youth in our community to transition to healthy lives and make positive life choice. We strive to meet the needs of youth by working in partnership with families and the community to deliver a safe and supportive environment for at–risk youth.
As a multi-service agency, we offer:
- A safe place off the streets for at-risk and/or homeless youth
- A flexible drop-in component available beyond regular business hours with counsellors who are available without appointments.
- A welcoming, non-judgmental place for youth with mistrust and anxiety issues to access services.
- Specialized support for youth aging out of government care
- Life skills and job training services
- Detox support in a residential, non-medical setting
- Early intervention through family counselling, mediation and outreach support
- An emergency shelter for youth with no safe place to go
Thank you to Our Supporters
YES would to thank our following funders for their continued support through the years. Without this support we would not be able to continue to offer these vital programs to the youth and their families in our community.